Component Management Tool is a web-based tool, which captures all purchased component details such as life cycle status, cost, product line, business units etc. across all the business units of the organization.
How Component Management Tool differ from traditional PLM:
The conventional tools like PLM, ERP does not contain consolidated component parameters. Data is not captured in defined manner. Component Management Tool is more efficient for internal organization of data, component reusability within the organization, a well-structured quality database with component parameter. It helps to generate customized reports, data analysis like business risk and cost optimization.
Features & Benefits:
- Part search & identify alternates
- Compare up to 8 components for same type
- Download component info, BOM and search results
- Identification of sources for parts
- Identification of suppliers with parts in stock
- Ensuring compliance with specifications and standards
- Determining if parts are qualified parts
- Identify items by technical characteristics/parameters
- Manage BOMs by commodity
- Obsolescence management
- Reusable data across the organization
- Cost optimization
COMPONENT MANAGEMENT TOOL?